The Forest Ark is tucked away just 200 metres from the Oak House. This building is best described as growing out of the wood and you can see much of the woods influence in the bespoke finishes inside.
The Forest Ark is a unique building: a small Eco-lodge providing comfortable guest accommodation near the existing buildings. It is completely zero-carbon: heating and hot water from solar panels and a state of the art high-efficiency wood-fired boiler, using logs from the wood. You can also cook on a wood-fired range. Electricity is provided by photo-voltaic panels. The building is fully off-grid, using rainwater harvested from the roof, to meet water needs. It is low-impact, with minimal use of concrete, work done by local labour and timber almost entirely from Hazel Hill Wood.
- Max. 6 adults.
- Two ground floor double bedrooms, one of which has a wheelchair accessible en suite bathroom.
- A second bathroom.
- Open-plan living area including a kitchen with large fridge and freezer, two futon sofas, table and four chairs.
- The living area can sleep an additional 2 adults, on either two singles or one double sofa bed.
- Floor to ceiling windows open out onto a wrap-around covered veranda with a BBQ for alfresco dining.
- The Ark is the only building in the wood with mains power!