Hazel Hill is a lovingly managed conservation woodland and retreat centre, 7 miles from Salisbury.
The wood is owned and operated by Hazel Hill Trust, a registered charity formed in 2015. Our aim is to promote wellbeing, resilience and sustainability: for individuals, society and the natural world.
The wood has hosted a huge variety of events and charitable projects over the years, bringing a wide range of individuals closer to nature.
If you’d like to hold your own activity here, we offer beautiful indoor and outdoor spaces to hire. By choosing us you’ll be contributing to valuable charity work, allowing more people the opportunity to connect with the natural world.
We are happy to share that Visit England says we are Good To Go! This is a UK-wide industry standard and consumer mark to reassure our guests visiting the wood that we adhere to Government and public health guidance.
Our new Hideaway building almost complete
We are in the final stages of fitting out the Hideaway, our brand new accommodation block, part-funded by the EU through its New Forest LEADER fund. As well being more accessible, the Hideaway will enable us to accommodate more groups through the Cornoavrius pandemic as the rooms have separate entrances.
See more photos here.
Our most recent events:
Details of upcoming conservation events at Hazel Hill Woods.
- Friday 3rd July – Volunteer Conservation DayCovid 19 update – we are pleased to be restarting our first Friday of the month volunteer days on 3rd July (next week). As you might expect, we have had to plan and prepare carefully for this to happen safely. Please do not come to a volunteer day without confirming with us beforehand and agreeing […]
- Friday 7th August – Volunteer Conservation DayJoin us and contribute to valuable nature conservation work at Hazel Hill Wood. Our Volunteer Conservation Days give you the opportunity to develop new skills, meet people and get active in a relaxing and nourishing environment. Tasks vary throughout the year; examples include ride maintenance, hedge planting, bench creation and wildlife surveys. Activities often require […]
- Autumm Conservation Weekend 2020The Autumn Conservation Weekend (mid October – dates tbc shortly) is a time for exchange: come and nurture the woods and the woods will nurture you. At the Autumn Conservation Weekend spend two days and two nights in this magical woodland environment, helping to look after the trees and the wildlife and then unwind. Our […]
Latest Blog posts:
News of what we’ve been up to recently.
- Latest photos from the new HideawayThe Hideway, our brand new accommodation block is almost complete. This week we are testing the building systems before welcoming our first group to use the new building in November. With eight twin rooms, the Hideaway means we can accomodate sixteen more people at the wood. Each room has a separate entrance, making it easier […]
- The Hideaway – transformating the future for all of usPrior to the Covid pandemic, we were enjoying hosting many more groups in the wood, learning about conservation, sustainability, wellbeing, resilience and mindfulness – not only from our own team, but from teachers worldwide who run their retreats and residentials at Hazel Hill Wood. Having been aware that our accommodation was not adequate to meet […]
- Lastminute 33% discount on self-catering forest breaksWe are offering a lastminute booking discount for anyone who wants to book the 10-person Oak House or the 6-person Forest Ark for a self-catering forest mini break on the weekend of 25th and 26th July 2020. Our off-grid buildings are situated in the heart of a 70-acre private wood and nature sanctuary. Government restrictions […]
- What could my summer holiday at Hazel Hill Woods look like?This summer we are opening our doors for summer holiday bookings. We are letting our two main ecobuildings, the 10-person Oak House and the 6-person Forest Ark for long weekend breaks in July and August. What might a break at Hazel Hill look like? We are located about seven miles from Salisbury. Whether you cycle, […]
- Book your Household holidays at Hazel HillThe Oak House and the Forest Ark are now available to two-household groups for long weekend breaks over the summer. The mission of Hazel Hill Trust is to promote sustainability, resilience and wellbeing by bringing people into contact with nature at Hazel Hill Woods. As lockdown eases, what better way to nurture wellbeing than to […]