Hazel Hill is a lovingly managed conservation woodland and retreat centre, 7 miles from Salisbury.
The wood is owned and operated by Hazel Hill Trust, a registered charity formed in 2015. Our aim is to promote wellbeing, resilience and sustainability: for individuals, society and the natural world.
The wood has hosted a huge variety of events and charitable projects over the years, bringing a wide range of individuals closer to nature.
If you’d like to hold your own activity here, we offer beautiful indoor and outdoor spaces to hire. By choosing us you’ll be contributing to valuable charity work, allowing more people the opportunity to connect with the natural world.
We are happy to share that Visit England says we are Good To Go! This is a UK-wide industry standard and consumer mark to reassure our guests visiting the wood that we adhere to Government and public health guidance.
Our new Hideaway building almost complete
We are in the final stages of fitting out the Hideaway, our brand new accommodation block, part-funded by the EU through its New Forest LEADER fund. As well being more accessible, the Hideaway will enable us to accommodate more groups through the Cornoavrius pandemic as the rooms have separate entrances.
See more photos here.
Our most recent events:
Latest Blog posts:
News of what we’ve been up to recently.
- 2021 Hire – Now Open for BookingsWell it’s been a rather different year here at Hazel Hill. Sadly, most of our group bookings in 2020 were cancelled. But it was lovely to see smaller groups enjoying the wood instead in their ‘family and friend bubbles’. These bookings have been a lifeline for us in the current restrictions, and so we plan […]
- Christmas at the WoodHaven’t been able to get away yet this year? Craving a digital detox from all those Zoom meetings? Why not spend this Christmas in one of our cosy off-grid lodges. Enjoy wintry walks with the family during the day, then kick back and relax in front of a log burner in the evening. Toast marshmallows over […]
- Woodland UpdateWe’ve welcomed a total of 18 volunteers back at covid-secure volunteer days between July and December which is fantastic. We’ve done lots of scything and raking to keep the rides and glades in good condition for wildlife, given the bird boxes their annual clean, maintained paths and tidied around the buildings. We’ve had so many […]
- Latest photos from the new HideawayThe Hideway, our brand new accommodation block is almost complete. This week we are testing the building systems before welcoming our first group to use the new building in November. With eight twin rooms, the Hideaway means we can accomodate sixteen more people at the wood. Each room has a separate entrance, making it easier […]
- The Hideaway – transformating the future for all of usPrior to the Covid pandemic, we were enjoying hosting many more groups in the wood, learning about conservation, sustainability, wellbeing, resilience and mindfulness – not only from our own team, but from teachers worldwide who run their retreats and residentials at Hazel Hill Wood. Having been aware that our accommodation was not adequate to meet […]