This is our newest building, opening June 2021. It creates a major upgrade in the accommodation we can offer, giving a total of 15 single bedrooms, or a total indoor capacity of 32-40 people, depending on comfort levels. The Hideaway is a curved wooden building with 8 ground-floor bedrooms, all facing south into a clearing and mature trees, and linked by a covered walkway to comfortable, indoor showers and compost loos. The building is heated by a high-efficiency biomass gasification boiler, powered by solar photo-voltaic panlels, and uses timber from the wood in its construction. Every bedroom has a small washbasin, USB socket, reading lights, and a wall of our own Scots Pine cladding!
- Bedrooms 1-3, 6-8 can be used as singles or twins, with handmade bunk beds. Size 2.9m x 2.1m.
- Bedroom 4 is a family room with a double bed and space for a cot. Size 3.0m x 2.9m.
- Bedroom 5 is wheelchair accessible with an en suite disabled access bathroom (shower, compost toilet, washbasin), or can be used as a twin room. Size 3.2m x 2.9m.
- The heated services area has two showers and two compost toilets, and the disabled access bathroom is also accessible from the corridor for general use if desired.
- Quiet location, two minutes’ walk from the Oak House, four minutes’ walk from the Main Car Park.
- Wooden fittings in bedrooms are lovingly made from our own timber!